Entering a project is completed online in a simple 4-step process. Designs can be from anywhere in the world.
The design must be completed in recent years (5 years). It can be a product in-store, a project in development, or conceptual.
Please provide multiple angles and views of the design, drawings or renderings of the design, sample photos, or mockups/prototypes depending on the level of completion of the design. 3D modeling of the design in use is optional.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for the most common questions and download our GFA Awards Entry Guide 2023.
- The footwear design must have been completed within the last 5 years, we accept drawings/3D concepts, prototypes, or already launched shoes.
- Provide a brief description of the design, emphasizing the shoes function, benefit, sustainable approach and innovation.
- Provide a Designer/Student and/or Company Profile/University names.
- Give the names of those who should be credited for the design: company, designer, photo credit, drawing, manufacturer, distributor, collaborator, mentor, professor etc.
- Up to 10 images of your footwear design, including an optional company or university logo.
- Product Specification PDF (Spec sheet can also be included for implementation or manufacturing details used in the design) – this will not be published, only used by the jury.
- A video link presenting the your design, commercial ads, usage, innovation, etc.
The Jury panel evaluates entries based on creativity, design, and innovation. The Jury members cast their votes individually and anonymously as opposed to in a group forum to ensure unbiased and impartial judging. Jury votes are tallied and the highest overall scoring entries in each category are selected as Winners.
The design must be completed in recent years (5 years). It can be a product in-store, a project in development, or conceptual. We reward excellence in footwear design, so the presentation of the design is an important part of evaluating the work. It needs to generate consumer desire and provide a better experience for the consumers. Great designs are those that demonstrate innovation, embrace new technologies, set new trends, and push the boundaries of human ingenuity. We are also interested in designs with high regard for sustainable practices, social impact, and humanitarian issues, for which we have set up special awards.
Please ensure you provide sufficient and persuasive detailing, making your presentation as convincing as possible, as this will enable the jury to make the best possible evaluation of your design.
The submission fees are based on Brands, Independent, and Student levels.
The submission fees are per single design:
Students or recent graduates (up to 5 years) who are not working currently.
● Students or graduates CHF 35 incl. Swiss VAT (approx.: US$40) – Additional category will receive 50% off each
Independent Professionals application:
● Independent Footwear Designers. CHF 55 incl. Swiss VAT (approx.: US$60) – Additional category will receive 50% off each
Companies and Brands applications:
Footwear professionals enter under brands or corporations.
● Large Company fee. (Over 50 employees): CHF 400 incl. Swiss VAT (approx.: US$450)
● Medium Company fee. (11-49 employees): CHF 200 incl. Swiss VAT (approx.: US$250)
● Small Company fee. (Up to 10 employees): CHF 100 incl. Swiss VAT (approx.: US$112)
– Additional category will receive 50% off each
No Further Fees: Unlike some other design awards and competitions, there are no further fees for winning the award and everything listed in the winner’s benefits will be provided free of charge.
- The program will open soon
- 20% Early Bird discount until June 30th, 2023
- 10% Extended Early Bird discount until August 4th, 2023
- Final Deadline: September 30th then a 20% late fee will apply till November 3rd, 2023
- The Program will close on November 3rd, 2023
The Global Footwear Awards competition is open to anyone aged 18+ residing anywhere in the world. Professional entries (Companies, brands, Independent Designers) will be judged against other professionals and student entries against other students.
We have created a list of the best tips to guide you through the submission process, step by step, making sure your design entry is strong and will have a positive impact on the Jury:
- Complete your user/company profile. Our system provides an auto-generated invoice for your submission fees, so please add your company address, e-mail, VAT number, etc. Also, share your company information, and any previous awards won!
- Since we have an international jury panel, the project description, credits, and other information should be written in English.
- The entry description is one of the most essential parts of your submission, so make your description engaging and interesting; keep it succinct, but still, give as much information as possible; share the original idea for the design, the creative trigger, benefits for the users…
- You can upload up to 10 images with each entry. Select some images that give an overall view of the shoe design and others which are close-up shots. Please keep in mind that in case you have a winning submission, the cover image (the first image you upload) will be displayed on the website Winners Gallery, so it should be the image that best represents your overall design, innovation, etc..
- Don’t forget you can also upload a PDF file with any additional project details, 3D drawings, shoe specifications, details of the innovation, comfort, studies behind the design, or any other information you may feel is important to share with the Jury. This is done on the Image Upload stage of the submission.
- Credit all of the designers that took part in the project.
- Each submission category has many sub-categories for you to choose from and many entries would fit in multiple sub-categories. To increase your chance of winning, we recommend that you enter the projects in more than one sub-category.
Click here to submit your project.