How to enter your design
Entering a project is completed online in a simple 4-step process. Designs can be from anywhere in the world.
The design must be completed in recent years (5 years). It can be a product in-store, a project in development, or conceptual.
Please provide multiple angles and views of the design, drawings or renderings of the design, sample photos, or mockups/prototypes depending on the level of completion of the design. 3D modeling of the design in use is optional.
Early Bird Deadline: Monday, October, 12th 2020: 20% off submission fees applied
Deadline: Monday, November, 23th 2020: 10% off submission fees applied
Deadline: Monday, December, 14th 2020
LateFee Deadline/ Closure: Monday, February, 15th 2021: + 10% late Fees applied
Winners Announcement: End of March, 2021
The submission fees are based on Professionals / Freelancers / Non-Professional and Student levels.
The submission fees are per single design:
Students or recent graduates (up to 5 years) who are not working currently.
● Students or graduate $30 USD
Additional category 50% off each
Non-footwear professionals submitting independently; Designers outside of the footwear industry.
● Designers outside of the footwear industry $50 USD
Additional category 50% off each
Freelancers / independent designers:
Footwear professionals submitting independently.
● Independent Footwear Designers. $50 USD
Additional category 50% off
Footwear professionals enter under brands or corporations.
● Large Company fee. (Over 50 employees) $400 USD*
● Medium Company fee. (11-49 employees) $200 USD*
● Small Company fee. Up to 10 employees. $100 USD*
Additional category at 50% off
Important: The above Entry fee is the only fee you will pay, there are no extra or hidden fees to pay if your project wins. Winners’ benefits package and invitation to attend the Awards Ceremony (excluding all travel expenses that may occur) are included in the entry fee. We do not charge for use of winners’ seal, certificates, or trophies. A design can be submitted in multiple categories.
The Jury panel evaluates entries based on creativity, design, and innovation. The Jury members cast their votes individually and anonymously as opposed to in a group forum to ensure unbiased and impartial judging. Jury votes are tallied and the highest overall scoring entries in each category are selected as Winners.
The design must be completed in recent years (5 years). It can be a product in-store, a project in development, or conceptual. We reward excellence in footwear design, so the presentation of the design is an important part of evaluating the work. It needs to generate consumer desire and provide a better experience for the consumers. Great designs are those that demonstrate innovation, embrace new technologies, set new trends, and push the boundaries of human ingenuity. We are also interested in designs with high regard for sustainable practices, social impact, and humanitarian issues, for which we have set up special awards.
Please ensure you provide sufficient and persuasive detailing, making your presentation as convincing as possible, as this will enable the jury to make the best possible evaluation of your design.
We have created a list of the best tips to guide you through the submission process, step by step, making sure your design entry is strong and will have a positive impact on the Jury:
- Complete your user/company profile. Our system provides an auto-generated invoice for your submission fees, so please add your company address, e-mail, VAT number, etc. Also, share your company information, and any previous awards won!
- Since we have an international jury panel, the project description, credits, and other information should be written in English.
- The entry description is one of the most essential parts of your submission, so make your description engaging and interesting; keep it succinct, but still, give as much information as possible; share the original idea for the design, the creative trigger, benefits for the users…
- You can upload up to 10 images with each entry. Select some images that give an overall view of the shoe design and others which are close-up shots. Please keep in mind that in case you have a winning submission, the cover image (the first image you upload) will be displayed on the website Winners Gallery, so it should be the image that best represents your overall design, innovation, etc..
- Don’t forget you can also upload a PDF file with any additional project details, 3D drawings, shoe specifications, details of the innovation, comfort, studies behind the design, or any other information you may feel is important to share with the Jury. This is done on the Image Upload stage of the submission.
- Credit all of the designers that took part in the project.
- Each submission category has many sub-categories for you to choose from and many entries would fit in multiple sub-categories. To increase your chance of winning, we recommend that you enter the projects in more than one sub-category.
Click here to submit your project.